Meraki FW site to site VPN

Mike05
Getting noticed

Meraki FW site to site VPN

Hi,

I'm newbie using Meraki.

Just want to ask if it's possible for 2 Meraki FW both behind NAT (or using private IPs) to connect using site to site VPN?

Both FWs is under one account/organization.

Hope someone can answer.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @PhilipDAth ,

Thank you very much for the quick response.

Will this work only if two MX is under same account?

Im just curious how it tunnels 2 sites even on both private IP addresses. Or it builds through Meraki cloud itself thats why it's possible for this scenario.

Regards,

Mike

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Mike05 if both MXs in the same organisation appear on the internet as the same public IP address and their private WAN IP addresses can route to each other then they will connect using the private IP addressing.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Mike05 , if under the same Org then yes you should be able to use the Meraki Auto VPN functionality to set up your site to site VPN.  And yes, the magic happens in the Meraki cloud

if they were in different Orgs then you would have to configure the VPNs statically on each dashboard.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DarrenOC wrote:

And yes, the magic happens in the Meraki cloud

Just to make sure the OP doesn't get it wrong ... The magic (the coordination of the VPN) happens in the cloud. It's not the traffic that is sent through the cloud.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels