Setting up 2 x Meraki MX units

Gl3n
Just browsing

Setting up 2 x Meraki MX units

Hi,

Can someone help, I already have my assumptions/opinions but maybe someone here can provide some good info.

BT are installing their Meraki kit on the 100Mb circuit on 1G bearer they have sold us next week. They have already put in the 1u fibre unit and configuring the Meraki is the last part of the job.

We use a Meraki MX84 already (with various other units behind it) and they have sent an MX64 to install. I’ve been in touch and they think its ok to put the MX64 configured and managed by them then connect the MX64 to the WAN port on the MX84. This is for us to manage as we do now I guess but the static IP will be on their MX64 I’m thinking and not where I would expect it on our MX84 wan connection!

Maybe it is OK, maybe I’m just not seeing ho easy it will be to do it this way. I’m a little concerned it may not work or just be a configuration nightmare or introduce other niggles or complications. Hopefully I’m wrong and it will all work wonderfully. Any opinions appreciated.

thanks

Gl3n

2 Replies 2
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Gl3n it will probably work fine, but if you have any internal services that you want accessible from the outside world (client VPN etc.) then they need to provide a public IP for you to use (ideally 3 if you want HA).  Ask them for a /29 subnet on the LAN side of the MX64.

Gl3n
Just browsing

@cmr cool thank you for your response. I’ll wait and see then 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels