Meraki Appliance and the evolution of IA

Otantik2023
New here

Meraki Appliance and the evolution of IA

Hello, 

We are using a Meraki MX 100 appliance, and we would like to replace it with an MX 250 as the company's capacity is increasing, I wanted to ask you some questions about the Meraki MX 250 product before we make a purchase.

What is the lifespan of an equipment such as the Meraki Mx 250, and does the evolution in the field of IA not render an equipment such as the Meraki firewall Mx 250 obsolete?

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MX250 has not had an end of life announced so far, regarding the AI issue. The vast majority of MX models have the same features, what will change is a matter of capacity.

I have no idea how Meraki is treating this issue today, but if you are thinking about security issues, just remember that security goes far beyond a firewall, and even though you have several security elements on your network (FW, IPS, WAF, MFA, etc.) none of this will guarantee 100% security. Technology is constantly evolving and as a result, more and more vulnerabilities are emerging.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Meraki_End-of-Life_(EOL)_Produc...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>does the evolution in the field of IA not render an equipment such as the Meraki firewall Mx 250 obsolete?

Do you envisage the field of AI making a traditional connection to the Internet redundant in some way?  Do you envisage a way of connecting to an AI without needing the Internet?

If you can't envisage these things, you will need a "traditional" Internet connection.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels