Port forwarding 22 to a raspberry pi worked, but now says, "Failed to save changes"

thisisall1word
Conversationalist

Port forwarding 22 to a raspberry pi worked, but now says, "Failed to save changes"

Long story short, I successfully setup public port forwarding of 22 to a raspberry pi on the network. I then made some changes to the pi's VLAN. Then when I tried to redo the port forwarding it kept saying, "Failed to save changes". I next put the pi back on the original VLAN but still it would say, "Failed to save changes". I even tried power cycling the port and deleting the static IP.

Last, I tried forwarding pubic port 23 to port 22 on the pi. That worked! So something tells me that meraki thinks the port 22 rule is still in effect? That's why it keeps saying, "Failed to save changes". Is there a way to list all rules and delete it?

Screenshot 2023-10-05 140425.png

7 Replies 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the Pi pingable by the MX on its new VLAN (you can only port forward to a route in the MX route table)?

Failing that, try deleting the port forward and creating a new one.

The pi is pingable on the new VLAN and the original VLAN. I put it back on the original VLAN but still got the , "Failed to save changes" message. I also tried  your suggestion just now of deleting everything in the port forwarding and setting  it up again . Only public port 23 -> 22 works. 22 -> 22 gives the  "Failed to save changes" message.

Is there somewhere else where the public port 22 is defined that I can delete?

Or is is it some caching issue upstream? 

Capture.PNG

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have any other port forwarding for the same source port 22?

If so, it won't work, you can't have more than one forwarding with the same source port.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Originally I had port 22 forwarded to this raspberry pi and it worked. Then I made some changes to the VLAN and it stopped working. So I deleted the original port forwarding and put the pi back on the original VLAN. Then I get the error, "Failed to save changes". However, port 23 forwarding works.

I see, so in this case the best option is to open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What firmware are you running, there have been a lot of firmwares where there have been issues when making changes on switch configs, especially if they are stacked.

thisisall1word
Conversationalist

Was able to figure it out. The old port 22 forwarding rule was visible under "Secureity & SD-WAN" -> "Firewall". Then scroll down the page to find "Forwarding rules". I simply deleted the rule and re-created it there.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels