MX84 missing WAN INTERFACE SETUP OPTION

Solved
ronaldgitari
Conversationalist

MX84 missing WAN INTERFACE SETUP OPTION

Hi all, 

I am writing to request on whether any of you may have come across the issue below. 

I have Meraki deployed in location. One of the ports stopped working (status light is as off) and link on the interface is down as well on the uplink device. We thought we could configure one of the one ports to supplement the 'dead' port. Thing is, that option is not visible at all. Full rights are administered to the user but the option is still not visible. 

Kindly help in figuring this out. Thank you. 

ronaldgitari_1-1620218385799.png

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ronaldgitari On the MX84 there are just the two hardwired WAN ports, unfortunately you cannot set another port as a WAN port.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

hi @ronaldgitari  - are you able to connect to the management port on the MX to configure the WAN ports?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

@DarrenOC Hi. Thanks or reaching out. I hadn't given this a try. The device is deployed in another country. I will reach out to my colleague there and post back our findings. Thank you. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ronaldgitari On the MX84 there are just the two hardwired WAN ports, unfortunately you cannot set another port as a WAN port.

ronaldgitari
Conversationalist

☹️Thank you @cmr Thanks for this information. We will plot a way forward from here. Much appreciated for both of you taking time to answer this. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels