MX84 - content filtering - is it possible to block all google play Apps except for one?

SOLVED
VascoFCosta
Getting noticed

MX84 - content filtering - is it possible to block all google play Apps except for one?

Hi all,

We have a customer that is asking to block all google play and iOS apps except their own.
The idea is for wifi guests only access their APPs and their web site. Is this possible with a MX84 or do they need a MDM?

I already config the content filtering for their web site but for the APPs it's either they have access to all of them or to none.

Thanks in advanced.

Kind regards,
Vasco

Cheers,
Vasco
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need an MDM to control application deployment.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need an MDM to control application deployment.

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your reply. Thought so but I was getting some "noise" from non-tech departments and there's nothing like some double-checking.

Anyway, the customer was more insterest in blocking whatsapp than a specific app filter... Smiley LOL 

Cheers,
Vasco

Cheers,
Vasco
Here to help

Hello,

I have blocked WhatsApp on firewall Layer 7 port 5222.  I included on Security &Sdwan > configure: Firewall > Port: 5222. For now, the rule block WhatsApp is working well.

This rule created on MX64.

I hope helpfull

Renato Guerino

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels