MX84 brief period packet lost after configuration

Banfield75
Getting noticed

MX84 brief period packet lost after configuration

Hi 

Will this known issue ever be fixed? 

After making some configuration changes on MX84 appliances, a brief period of packet loss may occur. This will affect all MX84 appliances on all MX firmware versions

//Daniel

7 REPLIES 7
Nash
Kind of a big deal

I would be very interested to know this as well. Based on some digging I did, it's been a known issue since 2018.

Yes it’s anoying

Meraki?
Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Banfield75 

There are a couple of bugs that were fixed in MX14.45 firmware. Referring to the specific 'Packet Loss on a config change' bug, the MX has to apply the routing and switching changes and this used to cause a small blip in the user traffic. Unless there is a drastic change like Pass through to Routed mode or Adding a new VLAN, there should be no user visible impact. 

If you would like us to take a look at your specific MX, please go ahead and open a support case. If support case is already opened, let me know the ticket number. I can check the notes. This needs live troubleshooting to monitor the internal logs while the change is being made. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meraki Team

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Firmware 15.24 and 15.25 no longer mention this issue, has it been fixed or is it no longer deemed to affect the vast majority of users?

Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Both the bugs I was talking about have been resolved in 14.45 or later released versions. So, 15.24 and 15.25 have the fix through one of the earlier versions and that is why it has not been specifically mentioned in the latest releases.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meraki Team

The packet loss issue after config changes is causing us issues mainly with our phones that might be a bit too sensitive to packet loss but will this issue be fixed?

I see it’s still listed as a known issue even on the latest beta 15.33

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels