MX68CW amber light

yung
Here to help

MX68CW amber light

Hello,

I just received an MX68CW, I have connected the internet 1 port to the router with access to the internet, however it is unable to get a DHCP address, so I tried to set a static IP through local configuration, although there seems to have link, I'm unable to ping this IP from another device on the same network.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

12 Replies 12
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@yung : Did you try this 

Appliance has a solid amber power LED

A solid amber power LED indicates that the appliance is unable to reach the cloud. This is rarely indicative of hardware failure, the following troubleshooting steps may help resolve the issue:

• Connect to the appliance's Local Status Page and check the management IP configuration.
    • If the appliance should be getting a dynamic IP configuration via DHCP, see if it received an IP address. 
    • If the appliance needs a static IP configuration, make sure that is set correctly.
    • Make sure the appliance's management VLAN is configured correctly, or left blank if it should be untagged.
  • Make sure there are no upstream firewalls that could be blocking the appliance's management traffic.
  • Plug the appliance's uplink cable into another device like a laptop, to test for Internet connectivity.

If all else fails, try performing a factory reset on the device and reconfigure its management IP as needed.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Other_Topics/Troubleshooting_a_Faulty_MX_Appliance_or_Z-Series_T... 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Thanks @Inderdeep , I've gone through these already, and doesn't seem to help, when I connect a laptop I get DHCP right away, but when I connect the meraki to the same cable, I don't seem to get a DHCP address.

Is there a way I can see from the Meraki device itself if there's any errors? (I see from my router that no addresses are being handed out to the Meraki device)

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@yung : I would say you need RMA for this device, Create a Meraki Support ticket

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com

@yung  Try factory resetting the device and see if that helps. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What does the local status page say the issue is?

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me... 

Does it show that the MX is getting an address via DHCP?

The factory reset is a good option to try as well.

Do you have any other Internet connection you could plug the MX into to test if it can come online?  You can just plug the WAN port into the LAN port of an existing system.

yung
Here to help

Thank you all for your feedback.

So I'm not sure how to see if it's getting a DHCP address, but looking at my internet gateway, doesn't seem like a DHCP address is being handed.

Interestingly, when I click speed test, the test is successful and gives me a result of 75M+

I tried to do the factory reset, but unsure if I'm doing it properly, I'm clicking the reset button, and then the power led starts blinking green, and I release the button, how do I validate that the factory reset was completed?

yung
Here to help

Sorry, I just realized the speed test is from the laptop to the appliance only.

RomanMD
Building a reputation

I would connect the Internet Port of the MX to the router via a L2 switch. I would connect with a PC to the same VLAN and start the Wireshark to see the DORA process. 

Also, make sure that the configuration in Internet Port 1 for VLAN Tagging says "Don't use vlan tagging".

yung
Here to help

Thank you all who have responded, I will try on a different connection to see if it makes a difference since nothing seems to resolve the issue yet.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@yung : Its not resolved ? If you ask for RMA 

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com
yung
Here to help

@Inderdeep I have not requested an RMA yet because have a second device with the same exact problem, so I'm suspecting more of a connection issue of some kind.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@yung : If that is the case, then sure this is connection problem by which device is not reachable to the cloud !

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels