MX68CW-WW

SOLVED
Matum
Just browsing

MX68CW-WW

We have deployed a number of MX68CW-WW routers to different sites in South Africa; and a few have started to go faulty. They are just stuck on the Orange light. Hard Reset; and nothing changes they just stay on Orange LED light; soft reset and they go straight to Orange Light where as they were working fine before

Is there anything we can check further to troubleshoot

Try to access them with just laptop and the page does not load

They are in ventilated cages

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

If you've done the factory reset and afterwards it doesn't show that it's trying to connect to the cloud (rainbow color LED) for some time after the boot, then open a ticket and have it replaced. I've just tested with mine and it even does that when there are no cables connected to it whatsoever. It does go to solid amber after trying to connect to the cloud.

The fact that you don't get link up confirms that there's likely something wrong with the device.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

How are they connected to the internet? Wired? Cellular? Both?

Both; as we need primary and secondary 

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Have you already tried these steps?

Appliance has a solid amber power LED

A solid amber power LED indicates that the appliance is unable to reach the cloud. This is rarely indicative of hardware failure, the following troubleshooting steps may help resolve the issue:

• Connect to the appliance's Local Status Page and check the management IP configuration.
    • If the appliance should be getting a dynamic IP configuration via DHCP, see if it received an IP address. 
    • If the appliance needs a static IP configuration, make sure that is set correctly.
    • Make sure the appliance's management VLAN is configured correctly, or left blank if it should be untagged.
  • Make sure there are no upstream firewalls that could be blocking the appliance's management traffic.
  • Plug the appliance's uplink cable into another device like a laptop, to test for Internet connectivity.

If all else fails, try performing a factory reset on the device and reconfigure its management IP as needed.

Source: 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Other_Topics/Troubleshooting_a_Faulty_MX_Appliance_or_Z1_Telewor...

Tried all these steps:

device was online working fine; then there was a power failure; then it stopped working

Factory reset just leaves the device on orange does not change colours

When we try to connect it with ethernet cable to access the page; page does not load and ethernet shows Network cable unplugged - we changed devices

Based on the discussion I would suspect it is faulty.

Some things you could try / confirm:

Hopefully the above helps - may suggest checking with Meraki Tac to see if they have anything else they could advise. You would likely have to get the RMA completed through them. In my experience RMA's have been very quick.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

have seen the same on 67c. needed to rma.

Matum
Just browsing

We have RMA but they are going at a faster rate then we can RMA; was wondering what would cause so many of them to go out. I now call Meraki helpdesk whilst on site and they too cannot help

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I love the part : This is rarely indicative of hardware failure,

I get atleast 4-5 per week.

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

If you've done the factory reset and afterwards it doesn't show that it's trying to connect to the cloud (rainbow color LED) for some time after the boot, then open a ticket and have it replaced. I've just tested with mine and it even does that when there are no cables connected to it whatsoever. It does go to solid amber after trying to connect to the cloud.

The fact that you don't get link up confirms that there's likely something wrong with the device.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels