MX68 to L2 HP 2530 Switch

SOLVED
ewolf
Conversationalist

MX68 to L2 HP 2530 Switch

Hello,

I am in the process of switching over from an ASA5506 to the MX68.  When I switched over the MX68, I trunked port 3 on the MX68.  This port goes to a L2 HP switch.  The connecting port was tagged for both VLANs, 99 and 100.  No devices on VLAN 100 were able to get to the Internet or receive DHCP from the MX68, but devices connected to my Cisco AP and on VLAN 99 was getting DHCP and to the Internet.  Port 3 on the MX68 goes to Port 25 on the Hp Switch.   Am I missing something? Here are the configs:

MX68config.PNG

HP2530:

vlan 1
     name "DEFAULT_VLAN"
     no untagged 1-23
     untagged 25-28
     tagged 24
     no ip address
     exit
vlan 99
     name "ReindersGuest"
     tagged 22-23
     no ip address
     exit
vlan 100
     name "Users"
     untagged 1-23
     tagged 25
     ip address 10.1.4.10 255.255.255.0
     exit
primary-vlan 100

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Raj66
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@ewolf You configured port 3 on the MX68 as trunk port with native vlan 100. Does the native vlan match on the HP switch? In HP terminology, vlan 100 should be untagged on the port where the MX68 is connected.  Also, Are you running DHCP server on the MX68? If not, you might want to configure an IP-Helper for the DHCP server, Make sure you have that config in place. 

Cheers!

Raj

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Did you add the DHCP relay? Where is your DHCP server being provided?

Enthusiast
ewolf
Conversationalist

The MX68 is providing the DHCP.

Raj66
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@ewolf You configured port 3 on the MX68 as trunk port with native vlan 100. Does the native vlan match on the HP switch? In HP terminology, vlan 100 should be untagged on the port where the MX68 is connected.  Also, Are you running DHCP server on the MX68? If not, you might want to configure an IP-Helper for the DHCP server, Make sure you have that config in place. 

Cheers!

Raj

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
ewolf
Conversationalist

That makes sense now. I will untag port 25 for vlan 100 on the HP switch to make it the native vlan on that port.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels