MX67 // Appliance status ---Primary uplink status change

Edu_Chico
Here to help

MX67 // Appliance status ---Primary uplink status change

hello everyone,
On my MX67 it is frequently switching from wan1 to wan2, affecting network performance.
The wan1 provider tells me that there are no problems on its network and it does not lose packets. However, it doesn't stop switching.
Any idea what could happen? any bug?

FIRMWARE
Current version: MX 18.107.2

Edu_Chico_1-1718349895607.png

Edu_Chico_2-1718349936710.png

8 Replies 8
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It does al kind of checks that could fail

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/Connection_Monitoring_for_WAN_Failo...

You could also try reboot or upgrade firmware, if you think its a bug

kchand
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Did you notice any 'Ethernet Port Carrier Change' in the event log? 

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

No , only "Primary uplink status change"

Josh-S
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey Edu_Chico,

If you navigate to Security & SD-WAN --> Appliance Status and click on the Uplink tab, at the bottom of the page you should see uplink statistics for both loss and latency.

Do you see any historical events here that correspond with the time and dates that you observed these WAN switchover events?

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

hello,
I have no events on WAN1,
Since I have 2 mx, I have switched to MX2 and the network has stabilized, however, MX1 continues to throw the same event in the log

Right now my traffic goes all through WAN1 through MX2 without problem.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Please try one of the newer firmwares:

Hello, 

I have uploaded the version to 18.211.2 and I still have the same problems. It happens to me with the two MXs I have.
I do not lose pins against 8.8.8.8 from wan1, however, Meraki frequently switches me to wan2.

Josh-S
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Edu_Chico thanks for the extra information.

In this instance, I would recommend you raise this with Meraki Support so that we can gather more data and assess the issue in more detail.

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels