MX64W power adapter and power cord.

SOLVED
DanGomez
Conversationalist

MX64W power adapter and power cord.

Hello experts!

I'm pretty sure this question is a basic one but I prefer to ask in order to avoid mistakes.

I'm not very familiar with Meraki quoting but I understand that multiple devices, such as a MX64W, does not include a power cord (MA-PWR-CORD-US).

If I'm not mistaken, when I quote a MX64W, the main SKU includes the 30W AC power adapter, therefore, I just need to add the power cable since I'm not in the US. Does anybody know if this is correct?

I just want to quote everything the customer needs to use the MX64W and I don't want to add an extra 30W AC power supply (MA-PWR-30WAC) if it's not needed.

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>I think the easiest way to describe the policy is that if you do NOT specify any power cables/adapters for MX or MS you will get one per device.

Only in the US, otherwise you get no power cord.

>I'm in Mexico, so, from the datasheet I understand we have to order the power cables separately.

Correct.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I think the easiest way to describe the policy is that if you do NOT specify any power cables/adapters for MX or MS you will get one per device.  If you DO specify power cables/adapters you will get exactly what you ask for.

Basically, I would never give it a thought, unless you DO NOT want all the power cords for some reason.  Maybe you are ordering 100 devices and have your own cables or want to reuse existing, for example?

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
DanGomez
Conversationalist

Thanks Brandon.

I'm in Mexico, so, from the datasheet I understand we have to order the power cables separately.

I wanted to confirm if the power adapter is included or if I have to order it separately as well.

So, for Mexico, option 1:

MX64W-HW + MA-PWR-CORD-US

vs option 2: 

MX64W-HW + MA-PWR-30WAC + MA-PWR-CORD-US

I'm assuming the customer won't provide anything.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>I think the easiest way to describe the policy is that if you do NOT specify any power cables/adapters for MX or MS you will get one per device.

Only in the US, otherwise you get no power cord.

>I'm in Mexico, so, from the datasheet I understand we have to order the power cables separately.

Correct.

Any opinions about the power adapter?

Thanks guys!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The power adaptor is included.

Thank you guys. MX64W-HW + power cable will be.

I really appreciate your help!

Yes everytime I get gear quoted power cords are always on the quote as well. I opt not to get them (I am a customer not a reseller) as we always have power cords on hand.

The bonus of Meraki power cords is they come in a nice little cloth bag which is useful to store things in. 

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Busted for being US-Centric on that response.

@PhilipDAth looks to have your answer.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels