MX250B-HW

allanmack
Conversationalist

MX250B-HW

Today, I activated a new MX250 (which I've done many times). However, when I claimed the serial number on this one, it showed up with the model 'MX250B-HW.' I've never seen this, so I attempted to Google it and came to no answers. Has anyone else seen this and know what the difference is versus "MX250-HW"?

9 REPLIES 9
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

screenshot?

The only one I have is this one from when I claimed the device. The rest of the dashboard just shows MX250.f7cd3d15-82b8-42f5-9d53-95b2f9e3fe65.PNG

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Looks like even Meraki aren’t aware. 😁

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@allanmack : Is that MX250 B means Beta product 😀 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

So does it just mean it's an older MX250, since they've been out for a while now?

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@allanmack : I would recommend to call Meraki Support and show them on the dashboard or also provide them the product Key, They will help you out !

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe it has some different components in due to global shortages, hopefully they ran out of 1Gb Cu modules and installed mGig ones instead 😎😉

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

cmr is pretty close here. At times supplies/suppliers need to change subcomponents and it means a hardware rev change. Key here is functionality and performance are expected to be the same regardless of rev.

And no, it's not beta nor did it get mGig. The MX250 already has 10G WAN and LAN ports anyway 😉

Beebs
New here

We have this within our Inventory for only 1 MX250 but the device on the Appliance page shows as expected with with MX250 as the model.

I raised with Meraki Support and they have advised below:

"The problem that you are experiencing is a known issue in our backend. I will attach this case to our developers and once there is a status update regarding the issue I will let you know".

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels