MX17.10-17.10.2 updates affecting MX64W

bb94
New here

MX17.10-17.10.2 updates affecting MX64W

A MX64W Wifi clients are negatively affected by firmware updates 17.10, 17.10.1 and 17.10.2. Internet speeds fall drastically, webpage rendering takes a long time. Ping to gateway takes a slight hit. But any device connected by LAN cable is not affected, their internet speed remains the same as it was before. Cisco support doesn't seem to know about this issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

8 REPLIES 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Don't update for this versions, they have issue with stability. Downgrade It for version 16.16.6

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi Alemabrahao, yes I've realized this while troubleshooting for our client, rolling it back was the fix. Issue being is that Meraki schedules these firmware upgrades (that can't be canceled). I thought they'd at least try to address the issue or stop forcing model MX64W to update to the MX17.10.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They removed version 17.10.1 from stables version.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
SebT
Here to help

we are having issues with MX68W too. users complaint no WiFi connectivity every morning. they took things to their own hands and rebooted the MX without our knowledge for a days before reporting to us.

Jack
Getting noticed

Some MX65W and MX68W within our environment have the same issue after upgraded to 17.10.2 . I even tried the beta 18.103 and that also did not fix the problem.

End up calling Meraki downgrade back to 16.16 and all good....  Meraki will have a nightmare after upgrading all their customer to this GA in January.

BrianMorris
Here to help

I guess they went ahead and released 17.10.2 anyway and I'm having the same issue at two of my client sites. Sigh. MX64W: LAN is fine, wifi is trash.

I have 100 sites and only some Comcast network having this issue. Logging into Comcast router and set to bridge mode fixes 90% of my sites that experiencing crappy wifi. 

Another 10% have to call Comcast and have them turn off SecurityEdge .

hope this helps 

OVERKILL
Building a reputation

Yup, I have had this, intermittently, on two MX64W's as well. My MX64's with standalone MR20's are not affected.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels