MX100 WAN Throughput

Court
Getting noticed

MX100 WAN Throughput

We have MX100s running 17.10.2 at our primary site, and just upgraded ComcastEDI from 100Mbps to 500Mbps. Only getting 250-300Mbps max throughput. Devices used for testing are whitelisted, uplink config set to 1Gbps, global bandwidth limit set to unlimited. Even disabled AMP and still same throughput. I would expect more with its 750Mbps max throughput rating. Any recommendations or is this the MX100's realistic max throughput? Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try downgrading to version 16.16.6, version 17.10.x has instability in performance.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

By the way, look at this table:

alemabrahao_0-1668525523017.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes, I referenced the 750Mbps max throughput in my initial post.

I'll give that a shot, downgrade scheduled for tonight. Thanks

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Most impact is ids/ips. You could try disable that. 

But i supose you dont want to run without ips/amp anyway, so trying 16.16.6 would be the way to go

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The last couple of times I ran into this, WAN uplink bandwidth limiting was configured.  Make sure you have this set to "max".

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/SD-WAN_and_Traffic_Shaping 

This screenshot is not from an MX100, but to give the idea.

PhilipDAth_0-1668564618462.png

That isn't the issue here, but thanks. Mentioned "uplink config set to 1Gbps" in the original post.

Court
Getting noticed

On 16.16 now, but still only seeing 250Mbps. Comcast confirmed it was set to 500 on their end. Any other thoughts? I've got an upgrade to 16.16.6 scheduled for tonight. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you checked if there is a duplex issue.  Has the ISP forced full and you are on auto?

Can you connect a client directly to test the link?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels