MX version 17

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MX version 17

Thanks to Fragment and Forge, we now know that MX version 17 is planned for October 2021. That gives hope for an early v16 RC.

12 REPLIES 12
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Adding to that, MX64(W) and MX65(W) keep receiving no love:

"Cisco will not fix these vulnerabilities in the following Cisco Meraki products: MX60W, MX64W, MX65W, and Z1"

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Better just skip 16.x

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ww wrote:

Better just skip 16.x

no, no, no ... I haven't waited five years for AnyConnect-support to skip the first release with it! 🙂

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MX17 is the IPv6 release

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not fixing the issue in the MX64 IMHO is a big mistake given its still an actively sold product. To not have a security vunerability fixed in a product you are paying licensing for leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@BlakeRichardson I think only the end of life W isn't being updated

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@cmr wrote:

@BlakeRichardson I think only the end of life W isn't being updated

The MX64W is still listed on the product page: https://meraki.cisco.com/product/security-sd-wan/small-branch/mx64w/

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@BlakeRichardson my bad, I thought it went with the MX65 for some reason.  We've never had a need for them so I overlooked that it was still around.

Mind you, I don't understand why the MX64(W) was kept alive when the MX67 was released, we've not bought one since...

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

> I don't understand why the MX64(W) was kept alive when the MX67 was released

Price.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A little update to this old discussion. It seems the MX64 gets some more love, the note changed to "Cisco will not fix these vulnerabilities in the following Cisco Meraki products: MX60W and Z1". 1st fixed release for MX is still mentioned as "MX 17.0 (Oct 2021)".

How much longer do we think it will be before Cisco announces EOL for the MX64?

I have a license renewal for a MX64 coming up later this year.

More concerned that they don't EOL but new features or bug fixes won't apply to the MX64.

So trying to determine whether to go ahead and order a MX67 now to get ahead of the backlog.

Any thoughts from the team here?

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Even if Meraki will EOL MX64, you'll still have five years of support left.

Personally, I'd go with MX67 or even MX75 currently.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels