MX roadmap for three or more WAN uplinks

Rafa-AR
Conversationalist

MX roadmap for three or more WAN uplinks

is there any roadmap or tentative date when MX will be supporting more than 2 WAN uplinks?

10 REPLIES 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The new MX family has more than 2 dedicated WAN interfaces.

alemabrahao_0-1674571618037.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Sadly, also the new models are restricted to only two active WAN ports.

So sad. 🙁

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes, but only 2 active. I heard that in new software release more interfaces would be activated in higher models but not sure if it's just gossip or true.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki really doesn't like to talk about roadmaps. Being able to use more than two WANs is quite often asked here in the community. But probably the core of the MX has to be changed significantly to make it work. Don't wait for it, likely it won't happen soon. But tell Meraki that you want to have this every time possible.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I wouldn't count on it in the next couple of years.  I would love to be surprised, but hardware as old as the MX100 had more than two WAN ports.  I have repeatedly asked for more than two active WANs but have always been told that it is not on the roadmap, even though the development team know there is interest in the feature.

Realistically I understand why as I think that the load balancing between the two existing WANs needs to be more controllable, before they consider more than two active WANs.

Speakup11
Conversationalist

Is there a way to upvote this request? I would think for Meraki to be competitive with other SD-WAN vendors one would think they consider this option.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You might be surprised…sooner or later 😉

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I like surprises! Especially anything Meraki related (heavily waiting for the CloudNAC surprise).

You have some inside information on this?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels