MX for Bank Deployment

framosCTLink
Here to help

MX for Bank Deployment

Dear All,

can anyone suggest proper MX Model for Bank Systems deployment? Can Meraki serve ATM Machines?

Franco Ramos
6 REPLIES 6
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

From a technical point of view, there's nothing that would prevent you to use an MX for a bank or ATM.

Guess it'll boil down to many more factors we unfortunately don't know (yet). 😉

Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

As far as ATM machines go - don't buck industry trends.

I have used one of the security appliances used in ATM deployments. It is a great router with a really good security model. Not so good for triple-play domestic user applications.

Are any other banks putting MX appliances into ATM machines?

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think I would prefer to know that my bank used at least Suite-B crypto (which the MX does not support).

To be current I would expect any security appliance to support the CNSA Suite.

Fortunately, I no longer have to keep current with this stuff, and I would suggest that before doing anything that time be spent discussing developments and forthcoming requirements with an appropriately engaged practitioner. The term appropriately is used advisedly.

As I have previously indicated, going off-piste with respect to encryption and security issues is mostly likely to be regarded as a CLM, regardless.

>To be current I would expect any security appliance to support the CNSA Suite.

If only there was a CNSA suite.  So far it is just a lot of talk.

Well the transition algorithms are clearly, set out. And, you don't have to be a 🤠😎🤓👀🦅 to know that the CNSA compliant algorithms are in use at most of the TLA organisations along with the "Swiftier" businesses, even in NZ (not living in Wellington, this might have blown past Aucklanders 😁 ). There is usually some stuffing around required to access the advisory memoranda.

These algorithms are not used for the more seriously restricted material. But they are adequate for internal banking purposes.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels