MX changes cause traffic drops

SOLVED
Duijv023
Here to help

MX changes cause traffic drops

Hi,

Recently we connected out networks to our new MX250 firewalls. We discovered that each change we make seem to cause short traffic disruptions (even without any warning)...  Think about firewall rules, NAT rules and so on.
Is there a possibility to choose if a change must reset all TCP sessions or not (= wait until time-out), like Cisco the ASA firewalls do?

As far as I'm concerned it is a very, very annoying thing, because you cannot change or troubleshoot during business hours!  In our 24/7 business it is hard to find moments where it is allowed to cause disruptions,

Greetings from Holland!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Duijv023 I'd suggest you update to a current firmware release - 15.42.1 is the current stable release.

We have been using v15 since 2019 and have not seen this issue on MX100s and MX250s

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Greetings @Duijv023  from the UK

Im aware of this issue with MX84’s (it’s documented in the firmware release notes).  However, not seen this behaviour on the MX250’s.

What version of code are you running?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hi!

For now we are running MX 14.53.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Duijv023 I'd suggest you update to a current firmware release - 15.42.1 is the current stable release.

We have been using v15 since 2019 and have not seen this issue on MX100s and MX250s

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels