MX / Verizon Aircard

TimBisel
Getting noticed

MX / Verizon Aircard

I have a MX-65 and MX-100 giving me same issue and I am not sure if it is Aircard or by design. Both of them have an active connection in WAN1 and WAN2. Also they both have cellular fail over. But Cellular is showing "connecting" at all times. Suspicion is it might be due to having two Active WAN ports. Neither one of these sites are easy to get to. Is there any way to determine if A. Aircards are bad/not connecting. or B. Meraki leaves them in connecting state while it already has two connections.The USB aircards are pretty standard and we use the same ones at other sites without issue, but they all only have one WAN connection.

4 REPLIES 4
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Should show as 'Ready'.  Has someone tried connecting the aircard to a laptop to test/verify it?  

Here is an explanation of the modem stats btw

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Cellular/3G_-_4G_Cellular_Failover#Cellular_Modem_States

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
TimBisel
Getting noticed

@Adam

Thats what I expected but needed to verify. And both sites are pretty distantly remote and closets are locked.

@jdsilva

Flakey would be a overly optimistic term for one site but the other is pretty solid.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

How's the signal strength at these locations? 

AlexG
Getting noticed

'Connecting' is a pretty common thing we see with our MiFi 620 modems. For us, it generally means the signal strength to the carrier is sub-par, or simply not available. We've tried external antennae, but the RF loss is too great and it simply doesn't work. If it's possible to try a different modem with a different carrier, that may be your best bet.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels