MX No NAT

Solved
IanMW
Comes here often

MX No NAT

Hello,

Is there a no NAT feature for the MX 450 without using passthrough IE the client IP address is not NAT'ed to the WAN interface IP address when accessing the north side of the WAN interface?

I've seen some previous posts about it being a Beta feature but, they were from a few years back.

Thanks

Ian

1 Accepted Solution
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

hi @IanMW - I don't believe this feature is in Beta any longer but you do need to reach out to Meraki Support to have this enabled.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

hi @IanMW - I don't believe this feature is in Beta any longer but you do need to reach out to Meraki Support to have this enabled.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
IanMW
Comes here often

Thanks, will do.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also, note that if NO-NAT is enabled that client VPN (IPSEC or AnyConnect) doesn't work.

IanMW
Comes here often

Thanks, VPN not required.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

As a word of caution, when you get no-NAT enabled it also enables manual configuration of the inbound firewall rules (or it did last time I did this, about a year ago), with the default being ‘allow any any’ - so be ready to update this immediately after getting no-NAT enabled.

IanMW
Comes here often

Thanks, Good to know.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels