MX IP

SOLVED
Boomer8387
Conversationalist

MX IP

MX65 Vlans are setup in Routing. My core switch is able to ping to default MX ip address. However, my clients are unable to ping to any of MX ip addresses except only the MX ip address on the same Vlan. Should it be able to ping to the default  MX ip address?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Network-dad
A model citizen

Without seeing the topology it's hard to say but if each port is only set to the one vlan then no.. they can only ping the MX's ip address on the same vlan.. the traffic cannot cross VLANs without a route statement.... but is your ports are accepting traffic from multiple VLANs than thats a different story..

2019-10-21 11_14_03-.png

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Generally speaking, yes they should be able to. With MX you can always reach the IP's of the configured VLANs, even if you have an ACL blocking them. 

Perhaps you are missing some routes on your core switch? Can you elaborate a bit on what your topology looks like?

Network-dad
A model citizen

Without seeing the topology it's hard to say but if each port is only set to the one vlan then no.. they can only ping the MX's ip address on the same vlan.. the traffic cannot cross VLANs without a route statement.... but is your ports are accepting traffic from multiple VLANs than thats a different story..

2019-10-21 11_14_03-.png

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels