MX Firmware Upgrade causing disconnection

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MX Firmware Upgrade causing disconnection

I have an MX64 that whenever the firmware automatically upgrades to 13.33 or 13.38 the units internet connection becomes unstable. Attached are a couple of screenshots, one of the uptime and one of the log. Any ideas this has happened the last 3-4 times the firmware has upgraded.

The only soloution is to roll it back to 12.24

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 7.58.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-10 at 7.59.28 AM.png

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What does the security centre event log say?

You may have a compromised machine.
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

I recall this being a memory exhaustion issue back on 13.X. This is no longer an issue on 14.X if you want to upgrade. Perhaps this is another bug, but I had this issue previously. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

@MRCUR I would like to try that but my concern is if it has the same problem can I still revert back to versoin 12....

Ok I tried 14.25 and I get the exact same problem.....

Anything in the security event log?

Just a couple of things for a specific device which I have blocked for the time being but I did that before trying firmware version 14

If that's happening on upgrades to both 13.X and 14.x, plus your connectivity graph has an alarming regularity to it, I'd hand this off to support.  Perhaps you can schedule a window to do the upgrade, and let it start cycling like that, support will be able to monitor it on the back end as well to watch it check in (or not) when it might panic/reboot.  Would be helpful to have support capture that in real time and bounce it to engineering.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels