MX BGP routes are just magic

Pugmiester
Building a reputation

MX BGP routes are just magic

Hi all,

We've recently connected one of our data centres to our existing Auto-VPN SD-WAN using MX250's and these are talking BGP to routers in the DC to pickup around 20 subnets from the data centre routers. The strange thing is, those routes are only visible on the local MX's in the data centres (as BGP routes). They are not visible in the route table on any of the other hub or spoke MX's that are part of the same Auto-VPN configuration but somehow the traffic still gets through.

I'm investigating as we are looking to hook up 2 other data centres that will then also feed us around 650 routes for the rest of the global organisation and if we get all of those routes appearing in Auto-VPN it's going to swamp the MX64's we have in our smaller offices if they are still recieving all of those routes but just not making them visible on the dashboard.

2 Replies 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is a gui bug. They are there.

Create a meraki case to let them confirm.

Pugmiester
Building a reputation

Hi ww,

That was my assumption and have logged a ticket before we risk swamping our smaller MX's

I can see some BGP route sumarisation in the DC teams future.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels