MX 60 Hardware Diagnosis

SOLVED
Mike_Rapp
Getting noticed

MX 60 Hardware Diagnosis

I was wondering if there was any way to run hardware diagnosis on an MX 60 to determine if there is any issues with the device.  I have replaced this MX 60 in our mobile unit with an MX 64 and no longer have any issues when the network is started from a cold boot. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mike_Rapp
Getting noticed

Just received an email from Meraki stating they do not have diagnostic software for hardware. They recommended calling in to support and reviewing the device with me. Thanks for all the input here. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hi @Mike_Rapp

I think you'll want to reach out to Meraki support for in depth hardware diagnostics. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is their any point in doing a hardware diagnosis?  You replaced the existing unit with a new MX and the problem stopped happening.  The existing MX60 must have a fault.

Agree with @PhilipDAth and @WadeAlsup that if replacing the MX60 with an MX64 and all is well now, and perhaps you were loooking to re-deploy the MX60 elsewhere, if the appliance will still boot and come online, place it in a test network and open a Support ticket for them to take an in-depth look at its health/status.  If it won't even boot, or is otherwise in need of an RMA, it's covered by the lifetime warranty.

Mike_Rapp
Getting noticed

Just received an email from Meraki stating they do not have diagnostic software for hardware. They recommended calling in to support and reviewing the device with me. Thanks for all the input here. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels