MX 18.107.4 is out STILL can't upgrade from MX 18.107.2

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MX 18.107.4 is out STILL can't upgrade from MX 18.107.2

Hi ,

No idea what is going on , but can't upgrade since both ( .2 and .4 ) are stable version.

I know Ryan has suggested opening cases, but a bit discouraged that this is not fixed / supported yet.

So the best suggestion is still to contact support at the moment.

26 Replies 26
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Same here, @RaphaelL have you actually got support to install it?

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They actually can. But I hate firmware pinning

It's not pinning. Pinning means statically setting the version (which also locks it/prevents upgrades).

Rather we have the ability to select any version which bypasses the bug on the UI currently.

jimmyt234
Getting noticed

Same! Updated existing support case we had for not being able to upgrade to .3 either...

Dunky
A model citizen

Same here no option to upgrade, currently on 18.107.2

Holli69
Getting noticed

Same here in Germany, no possibility to upgrade to 18.107.4, currently also on 18.107.2

Holli69
Getting noticed

Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon.

vilmantasr
Here to help

same.

SimonReach
Getting noticed

Does anyone actually have the option to install it?

As this is a bug everyone would be affected. The resolution is being worked on. If you need to upgrade your MX(s) Support can push the upgrade for you.

From what I can tell if you're on MX 17.x you can upgrade to 18.107.2.

If you're on 18.107.1 you can upgrade to 18.107.2 or 18.107.4.

If you're on 18.107.3 you can upgrade to 18.107.4.

But, if you're on 18.107.2 there's no option to upgrade to anything.

One of our networks is on 16.16.8 and our only option for that network is 18.107.2.  All of the other networks is on 18.107.2 and there are no options for any updates.

I didn't have any MX 16 networks to test, but that would match my first example of upgrading from MX 17.x.

Thanks Ryan. Opened a case and had 18.107.4 pushed to my MX in less than an hour, brilliant service.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

For anyone that is running into this problem please open a Support case. This will help raise prioritization of a fix. 

And mention in the case note it's the same issue as my original case 10522501

dle378
Conversationalist

Hi Ryan,

Newbie here on the Meraki Community forums.

Do you (or anyone on this thread) happen to know if there are any major fixes/enhancements in this version compared to 18.107.2?

We include release notes for each version on the Firmware Upgrades page. Each version includes any new features, resolved issues, and known/existing issues.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can also read the posts in each section, predominantly by me (shameless plug) or find them all in the community's firmware upgrade feed here: Firmware Upgrades Feed - The Meraki Community

Appears the fix has been pushed out. I can now upgrade from 18.107.2.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also working for me. Appears to be fixed !

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is only fixed for me on devices already on 18.107.2, devices on 17.x still only see 18.017.2 as an option.

18.107.4 is a patch. If memory serves me right, usually you have to update and then patch when moving to a new version number. 

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does that only applies to MX ? I can upgrade MR28.7 to MR29.6.1 which is a patch..

Just tested that and it worked fine for me.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 07.23.25.png

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can upgrade from MX15.44 to MX18.107.4 without going to MX18.107 : 

RaphaelL_0-1692282912882.png

Support told me :  "This was previously a bug not a feature but was a bug for so long that it was added to documentation, I believe it has since been resolved and you should be upgrade to the patch version directly."

Which then I asked to rectify the documentation if the firmware barrier is no longer a thing. To be continued. 

Same here. Great job!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels