MX 100 Capability

BS
Getting noticed

MX 100 Capability

Hello

I'm planning to buy an MX 100 for one of my remote sites. My initial plan was to connect a 600 Mbps DSL now my provider said they can give 1000/125 Mbps. I was checking the MX spec and it says 750 Mbps only. does it mean I wont be able to see a download speed more than 750 Mbps?

4 REPLIES 4
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Officially, no it won't be able to do more than 750Mbps at a time. But we've observed the MX100 being able to outperform it's specs.

BS
Getting noticed

Ok, the spec talks about 750 Mbps firewall throughput but I will be using the MX just to provide Internet connectivity not for any specific firewall rules.

nuo
Getting noticed

I suspect even if you are not running the firewall there will be some processing taking place. Chances are it has a gigabit link (hardware side) but it is not able to process at line speed - like a switch. Hence they are stating 750mbs.  If you do not have a bunch of rules, then chances are you will be doing well. 750mbs is not to shabby really for a device like this. At home I have a router / firewall (non-meraki) and it is limited to 100mbs 😞

Kamome
Building a reputation

It can do more than 750Mbps for short period, but cannot do it regulary.

So, if you need 1Gbps performance, you need to go to MX250.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels