Layer 7 firewall rule to block countries and then whitelist specific sites/IP addresses

mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

Layer 7 firewall rule to block countries and then whitelist specific sites/IP addresses

Just wishing for the functionality to block an entire country but then white list specific sites or IPs within that country. Been asking for awhile now, anyone else interested in this?

Thanks,

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
Adam
Kind of a big deal

There has been a few threads on this.  And I'll add my support to each one +1.  Sucks to have to un block a whole country for one potential website you still want to access. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
DHarris
Conversationalist

I definitely would be interested in this. We are running into problems where the country is allowed and websites from that same country are being blocked anyways

I'm a little late to this party but I'd like to be able to do this also.  Our organization frequently needs to interact with sites that are hosted offshore in countries that we need to block for other reasons.

Stealth_Network
Getting noticed

Yes please, one thing we found is it block countries by where they (the IP's) are registered, not where they actually reside. We found this as they were registered in Russia, but were actually being used in the USA. It blocked the IP's even though they were in the US, so we had to allow Russia....Crazy 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels