Layer 3 port on MX250

SOLVED
Anwar
Comes here often

Layer 3 port on MX250

Hi expert

Could I know how many layer 3 port on MX250?

Which mean how many port that I can configure IP address on it?

Could I use GbE (RJ45) port to configure IP address?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

2 WAN ports (using your mx in routed mode). You can use SFP or SFP+ in these ports. you can set the ip or get one from DHCP.

for the LAN you can not assign layer3 ports. you can create 4094 SVI's and assing vlans to the ports.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

2 WAN ports (using your mx in routed mode). You can use SFP or SFP+ in these ports. you can set the ip or get one from DHCP.

for the LAN you can not assign layer3 ports. you can create 4094 SVI's and assing vlans to the ports.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

For the MX series in routed mode, you can enable VLANs in the Addressing and VLANs tab.  Once you have done this you can assign an access VLAN, or a trunk of multiple VLANs to each LAN port.  If you also set up IP addresses for the VLANs then you can route between them.

So although you cannot create a router port (in the traditional Cisco sense), you effectively can as you can have 24 VLANs with 24 IP addresses/subnets and apply one to each LAN port of the MX250.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels