LTE MODEM for STRAIGHT TALK (MX64)

remixedcat
Getting noticed

LTE MODEM for STRAIGHT TALK (MX64)

Any luck getting a LTE USB dongle/modem to work with straight talk (ATT) on an MX64¿ 

Or other non contract...?

7 REPLIES 7
dalmiroy2k
Getting noticed

HUAWEI E8372 works great with all MX and Meraki APs, Just make sure you disable it's onboard WIFI and leave most settings at default.

Once plugged, Meraki will recognise the stick as a the cellular modem and it will act as a cellular backup when the default WAN loose connectivity.

https://consumer.huawei.com/ar/mobile-broadband/e8372/

looks good, but I do not trust that brand after they stole Cisco's own router OS code and branded it their own. Also they have been doing a buncha very shady things.

Any other brands you'd recommend?

Another brand that should work with Meraki is ZTE. Sadly, USB stick are disappearing from retail and most portable LTE modems nowadays are MiFI. Integrated LTE modems from most brands even Cisco often lack complete LTE band support. 

this is making it very difficult to have the LTE as backup. Not going to touch credit and have a contract for a backup connection for my homelab. Not worth it.

Im very interested in this...At work, we use Verison for our USP LTE failover but for home, I'm not interested in a contract for home use...

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

I purchased the below one, its unlocked so it should work with ATT/StraightTalk, although I used a T-Mobile sim in it. I have attached to laptop, desktop, MX64, and MX67, no issues found. Usually gets better speeds than your phone in the same area.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0JY15V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im going to order one today!!! thanks!

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels