Issue with MX and H.323 Video Calling

Solved
Mkozicki
Getting noticed

Issue with MX and H.323 Video Calling

I am wondering if anyone has a H.323 video conferencing unit behind a Meraki firewall.

I have a customer that we put a pair of MX250 in and everything is great other than the H.323 Cisco C20 codec they have is no longer able to make or receive calls.

We did open a case with Meraki and they were saying that they did not see any traffic from the codec at the MX but other than changing out the firewall we never made any changes to the codec.  

In order to make sure the codec is working correctly we put it on a public network with a public IP and it works just fine.  Also we can get to the web interface from the internet so it is talking out to the internet just not for video calls.

I also have an InFocus Mondopad here at our office that can do SIP or H.323 and it has no issues doing SIP calls but when I tested H.323 I am sending video but not receiving video.

We have the C20 codec with all inbound protocols allowed and also whitelisted it.

I am wondering if the MX supports H.323 or not so that is why I am asking here 1st before I spend hours on another TAC call.

Thanks much!

Mike

Michael Kozicki
CCIE #5367
MJK Net Inc.
1 Accepted Solution
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

The MX does not have any ALG functionality at all. So if your H.323 is relying on that you're not going to be a happy camper 😞

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

The MX does not have any ALG functionality at all. So if your H.323 is relying on that you're not going to be a happy camper 😞

Adam
Kind of a big deal

We use a Lifesize system just fine.  Does your Cisco system need any routes to get out the MX?  You may want to double check the config from whatever device you replaced. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels