Is there any detailed explanation or listing about pre-defined SD-WAN categories?

Kamome
Building a reputation

Is there any detailed explanation or listing about pre-defined SD-WAN categories?

Recently, I got question from end-user manager about Meraki SD-WAN policy. He asked me that whether Meraki can handle Windows Update traffic via Meraki's SD-WAN feature.

So I checked SD-WAN categories, and suddenly I've realized some of Meraki's pre-defined SD-WAN categories are quite vague. For example, I cannot sure that Windows Update is included in "Software Update" category. There's no detailed documentation about that.

I assume that I can get answer by opening case and ask about it to TAC, but it's inefficient to do it every time when I need to check. Is there any documentation or something that describes details about pre-defined SD-WAN categories?

3 REPLIES 3
Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Kamome 

Are you talking about the content filtering categories or the Layer 7 Firewall Categories or Traffic shaping categories? Please provide some more detail about what you mean by SD-WAN Categories. Generally, to find a category to which a website or webapp belongs to, go to Security SD WAN -> Content Filtering -> URL Lookup tool and enter the url there (example apple.com, windowsupdate.com, ...). This will give the category under which a certain traffic type would fall. 

Let me know if you have any questions please. I can give more details if you could be more specific. 

Regards,

Seshu 

Meraki Team

Kamome
Building a reputation

It's this menu.

Kamome_0-1595308820279.png

Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Kamome 

The specific details on any specific category or website can be provided by Meraki Support. Please reach out to Meraki Support and open a case so that your network can be specifically looked at and provide you more information in regards to it. 

If you would like to have these details in a KB, please submit a feature request for the same.

Regards,

Meraki Team 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels