Inquiry about setting up non-Meraki VPN peers

Solved
JJW
Conversationalist

Inquiry about setting up non-Meraki VPN peers

Hello

You are trying to connect a non-Meraki VPN peer to Muraki VPN equipment in another organization.

I set it up, but did you miss anything?
image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png
1 Accepted Solution
rdominguez
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @JJW. Please confirm that the "Public IP address/hostname" is the peer address of the far-end MX. Also, local IDs and Remote IDs may not be necessary depending on whether or not your MXs are behind another device and are being NAT'ed. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The Meraki side will be the simplest part of the configuration. You need to verify with the other party that their Config matches yours

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
rdominguez
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @JJW, one of the other things to be aware of is that you need to make sure that one (or more) subnets are enabled for VPN traffic. As @DarrenOC already noted, verification that the peer is configured with matching security parameters is necessary. I have included a link to our documentation should you require additional help. At the bottom of the page, there is also a link to our troubleshooting guide. 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Site-to-site_VPN/Site-to-Site_VPN_Settings

JJW
Conversationalist

image.pngimage.png

The VPN settings are all the same.

Maybe I entered the wrong IP for Public IP/Hostname and Local ID?

My authorized IP is X.X.X.94 (Set Public IP/Hostname)
The authorized IP of the other party is X.X.X.81 (Set Local ID)

image.png
rdominguez
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @JJW. Please confirm that the "Public IP address/hostname" is the peer address of the far-end MX. Also, local IDs and Remote IDs may not be necessary depending on whether or not your MXs are behind another device and are being NAT'ed. 

JJW
Conversationalist

Clear local ID settings 
After setting the authorized IP settings to the counterpart equipment IP, the connection was successful.

Thank you.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels