Identifying which WAN interface particular traffic goes out

SimonReach
Getting noticed

Identifying which WAN interface particular traffic goes out

HI everyone, i've had a look around and googled and gone through guides and i can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Our main site has 2 WAN connections now, a 200Mb link that most data uses, including all SDWAN traffic to the other sites that we have and VPN traffic from client VPNs coming in and also general internet and office usage.  The 2nd link is 50Mb and i set an SD-WAN policy in the "SD-WAN & Traffic Shaping" screen to put all VoIP and Video Conferencing traffic to prefer WAN2 with failing over if poor performance.

Now how do i confirm that is exactly what is happening, i'd love to be able to go into Traffic Analytics for WAN appliances, click the MS Teams Video application and for it to show me which WAN interface that traffic used but i can't.  I have done a packet capture for the "internet 2" interface and all the traffic is UDP traffic of between 87 and 236 bytes, meaning it does look like VoIP traffic, but i'd ideally like a clearer picture if possible?

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not the nicest answer, but you could do a packet capture of WAN2.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels