IPv6 with HA?

plumdev
Here to help

IPv6 with HA?

First off: IPv6 on standalone MX devices seems to be working very well these days, and that is much appreciated!

I was hoping to understand if there is an estimated time frame or information on when we can expect to see IPv6 support enabled for MX devices in HA Pairs?

4 Replies 4
Bo_Tang
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

https://documentation.meraki.com/?title=MX/Other_Topics/IPv6_Support_on_MX_Security_%26_SD-WAN_Platf...

Unfortunately, the IPv6 for High-availability (HA) is not supported at this time.

To clarify, I know that IPv6 + HA is not supported "at this time" - I am trying to understand if there is any meaningful additional information so that I can plan accordingly: e.g., if IPv6 + HA support was being worked on for MX 18.x, that would be useful to know. Alternatively, if everyone has been pulled off IPv6 support after the first major "release" in MX 17, then, well, thats also useful.

Previously, there was a private beta for IPv6 functionality. Is there something similar happening again?

So to be clear: I can find the IPv6 Support on MX link just fine, and I understand it is not supported today. I'm trying to figure out if it:

1) Will ever be supported

2) and, if so: Tomorrow? This year? Next year? or "sometime in the future but not even scheduled yet, much less started" would all be useful.

ravinder_m
Conversationalist

+1, We also need that feature. IPV6 with MX is in HA.

JonnyM
Here to help

Registering my request to have High Availability extend to IPv6 - an idea of whether it's at least work in progress would be appreciated, I can't see that it wouldn't at least be in development but Cisco have surprised me before. Currently if we have an MX deployed and IPv6 in use we can't upsell customers to High Availability without them losing features, which isn't an acceptable option in a lot of cases.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels