How to fully disable any NATing on the MX64?

SY2
Comes here often

How to fully disable any NATing on the MX64?

Is there a way to disable any NATing rules defined on the MX64, is this possible?

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You want to to temp disable them? And not remove them?

No thats not possible

If you want to disable nat on the wan. Then you have to request no-nat at support

SY2
Comes here often

I want to remove them if possible.

Paul_H
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@ww is correct - you can call into Meraki Support and they will be able to enable a No-NAT option, however, there are other ramifications that will happen that Support can explain.

I'm curious what the design is because we have a lot of customers who manage the Meraki way without the No-NAT option.

A lot of times Meraki solves problems differently than the traditional networking ways and therefore one may not need a feature that was traditionally used in the past.

SY2
Comes here often

The support replied that I should install a beta firmware version so they can enable the NO NAT feature on it. I do have  the latest version 15.42.

How can I obtain a beta version to replace the 15.42.

Paul_H
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

NO NAT requires 15.3+, so while your 15.42 is not labeled "beta" it does support it and support will be able to find that documentation.

Keep in mind: This is a beta feature, and we do not recommend beta features for production environments, however, if your deployment requires the use of this feature, we recommend testing in a lab environment first.

Also, if this is a scenario to terminate a MPLS connection, we recommend using the MX in passthrough mode or terminate MPLS connections on the LAN side of the security appliance whenever possible.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels