How do I make the wifi network visible on my wireless network?

Analogmatch
Comes here often

How do I make the wifi network visible on my wireless network?

I’ve setup my gx20 and I created a WiFi network. But the network is not visible on any of my devices. How do I make the wifi network visible on my wireless network? I turned off the radios on my at&t router but no luck.

6 REPLIES 6
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you enabled the network?

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 4.11.51 PM.png

Where do I enable the network? I don’t see this setting in the app. 

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@Analogmatch, are you using the mobile app or the website? You need to use the Website (dashboard.meraki.com) for most configuration, the app is great for monitoring though.

EDIT: Okay, just noticed this is a Meraki Go network - not sure if the same applies.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

I can't find anything that states that the GX20 has a WiFi interface in it - are you sure you have a GX20? Either that, or are you configuring a GR10 or GR60 access point? They are the Meraki Go wireless devices.

My plan is to use the GX20 security gateway in conjunction with the ISPs router to monitor traffic and prevent  inappropriate usage. So I connected the GX20 to my modem and set it up in bridge mode as directed by the documentation. But maybe I don’t understand this system. So do I need the Meraki Wireless access point to create the WiFi network? Can I not continue to use the modems radio for the WiFi network?

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

To create a Wifi network in the Meraki Go solution you will need a Meraki Go access point. You may be able to use the Wifi on the AT&T router (but that will need to be configured on the AT&T router) and pass the traffic from that through the Meraki Go device, but I don't know if that will work - it will depend on the capabilities of the AT&T router, and/or whether you can put the GX20 between the AT&T router and the internet.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels