Help Needed: Migrating to Meraki SD-WAN with MPLS

Badr-eddine
Getting noticed

Help Needed: Migrating to Meraki SD-WAN with MPLS

Hi Community,

We are planning to migrate to the Meraki SD-WAN solution. Currently, our branches have both MPLS and Internet connections, with sites interconnected via the MPLS network. To ensure a smooth migration and a reliable rollback plan, we need to maintain connectivity between migrated branches and other sites using the MPLS network. We are considering two solutions:

1. Use WAN1 for MPLS and WAN2 for Internet: Create a static route that directs internal traffic to the gateway of WAN1 for each migrated site.

2. Use WAN1 for MPLS, WAN2 for Internet, and an additional port for MPLS: Create a static route that directs internal traffic to the gateway of the additional port for each migrated site.

We would appreciate any insights or experiences from those who have successfully implemented a similar solution. Please note that we can implement one of these solutions on the HUBs, but we have limited bandwidth on the MPLS.

Thank you !

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Just make sure that the MPLS link has internet access.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, that’s not the case, and we can't ask for it at this time 😞

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Wan ports need internet. Then you cant use the mpls on wan port but have to use a setup with lan port

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/Integrating_an_MPLS_Connection_on_the_MX_LA...

I would rather use full sdwan to a hub. And exchange routes there to your mpls. You could temporary increase bandwidth at that hub location. Asuming you save money not using mpls at the migrated branches

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels