DHCP on Client VPN

SOLVED
MMoss
Building a reputation

DHCP on Client VPN

Morning Fellow Meraki Users,

I have a small issue with the client VPN my sys admin has asked me to check on. We use PDQ to push updates and installs and we can't seem to get it to work on the Client VPN. The best we can tell it's largely because it's not in the DNS. I can scan the machine down on the network with PDQ but it never allows us to push updates. Does anyone know how to get the Client VPN to request DHCP or place the computer in the DNS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MMoss
Building a reputation

Still didn't work, going to leave it on to see if it get's picked up next go around and try again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PaulMcG
Getting noticed

There's no control over DHCP for VPN clients, but you can specify what DNS server is given to the clients from the "Client VPN" configuration page.  Don't know if that will fix the issue you're having though.

MMoss
Building a reputation

We have that configured already, I figured it was a hail Mary but wanted to ask just in case someone else had the same issue as me.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

My guess is Windows firewall is blocking it.

MMoss
Building a reputation

Wish it was, but it's only the VPN that we have issues with.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Which is why it sounds like Windows firewall to me - because it uses zones.  You probably run it over the LAN or WiFi normally, which would be on a "domain" or "internal" zone.

Try turning Windows firewall off for 5 minutes and see if that makes it work.

MMoss
Building a reputation

Still didn't work, going to leave it on to see if it get's picked up next go around and try again.

Ted-Laun
Comes here often

You need to set your VPN client to register in DNS. DDNS.PNG

By default this is not checked.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels