CloudTrack Caveats

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

CloudTrack Caveats

Can someone clarify this caveat:

Do not use Cloud Track in a dashboard network where the MX's WAN ports are connected to a Meraki switch in the same Dashboard network. If you need to use a Meraki switch in between your ISP and the MX WAN please separate this switch from both the dashboard and physical network.

Source:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Client_Tracking_Options

I can understand the dashboard network, but don't understand the physical part. We use MS120-8s as DMZ switches which I imagine is common for HA pairs. I can certainly move all my DMZ switches to their own network, but I can't physically separate them?? 

Any idea? This feature appears to be very fresh so not sure if anyone has tried yet.

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you have the traffic running through dedicated switche(s) first and then through an MX(s) the traffic will get double counted.  If you put the switches into a different network it wont get double counted.

It's not a physical issue.  Just a monitoring concern.

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

That's what I figured, it's just written oddly. Thanks for the confirmation.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Thank you for this heads up. We use MS120-8 ports to split ISPs between multiple firewalls, at a couple clients who also have other Meraki equipment.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels