Client VPN to the Ready, not Active port?

MDHackett
Conversationalist

Client VPN to the Ready, not Active port?

Is it possible for the MX to respond to Client VPN on the Ready WAN port, instead of the Active one?  Or is it always the Active port, never the Ready port?

Currently all traffic is not load balanced, and I'd like to pass Client VPN traffic through the Ready WAN instead of the Active port to make use of that unused bandwidth.

--Michael

4 Replies 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No.  But you can change the primary wan to wan2. And then send lan to wan traffic over wan1 using the flow preferences

MDHackett
Conversationalist

@ww Thanks.  My Active port is WAN2, where I want all my traffic to flow.  WAN1 is Ready, and is the fail over with another carrier.  When I go to WAN1, I lose some of my services, based on my public IP, which is why I wanted to route Client VPN traffic through my Ready port, not the Active port.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MDHackett : Then fallback to WAN 2 and get all the services as required. The process is same.

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@MDHackett what @ww stated should be the way to do it. Make your primary the link that you want client VPN on, and then use the Flow Preferences for Internet Traffic (on the SD-WAN & traffic shaping page) to ensure the traffic that needs a specific IP address still uses the correct WAN link.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels