Client VPN - Mac connectivity issues this weekend

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Client VPN - Mac connectivity issues this weekend

Friends,

Anyone else suddenly seeing Client VPN issues, specifically with Apple based products OS & iOs

I have had a client report issues yesterday and now doing some checking, I am also having issues VPN'ing into MX64's at a number of sites (including back into my own).

It's almost like a DDNS issue, but I am not sure (but will test in a mo with IP's)

When I switched off client VPN, waited a few mins then turned it back on, the original client config still fails, however, if I create a new client config, everything is back working (a bit like the W10 update issue), there has been a number of Apple updates this last few days but according to the doc's nothing to do with core networking firmware.

I am doing some more tests now, but:

a) wanted to see if anyone else was having issues

b) give a heads up just-in-case people may have issues and not yet aware of them

-Gary

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe its somehow related to the private mac/mac randomisation? Try without using private mac address?

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Endpoint-Management-Systems/MAC-address-Randomisation-and-how-to-use...

StasisX
Just browsing

Yes, we are seeing this as well. The users connect and then have no connectivity to the internet.  I haven't been able to troubleshoot while this is happening, but my gut is saying that an OS update is causing issues with either using remote DNS servers, or conflicting entries in the routing table....  But who knows, I could be way off.

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

So guys,

After much testing and trials, it appears I have found the solution, but I have no idea as to why it was happening.

To solve the issue all I needed to do in the end was turn off client VPN on the dashboard, what 10 mins (turning it back on straight away, did not work) and then turn on.

I also have to delete the VPN set-up on the mac and create a new one.

I am not sure if this a part of the issue or just coincidental but I also made sure the MX's all 14.53

(Please can someone accept this as a solution)

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels