Client List not showing certain connected client

SOLVED
juay0004
Conversationalist

Client List not showing certain connected client

Hi guys,

I have issue seeing some of my wired connection clients on the client list in the dashboard.

They are all receiving DHCP address from my MX67W and has connectivity to internet.

is there some threshold of bandwidth usage for it to appear?

I am suspecting that low uplink bandwidth utilisation devices are not shown but cannot be sure
Reason why I am saying that is one of item that did not appear was a Raspberry Pi used to show a feed of an IP camera on my LAN but it does have access to internet and is using a browser to show a World clock..
This took a very long time to appear on the list.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think only internet traffic makes it appear on the list, as I have seen the same with devices like Dell iDRACs where they hardly chat at all unless you connect to them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Yesterday I had a wifi client which connect through a GP and took about 10 minutes to appear in the client list. 

Client was shown at the MR after a couple of seconds.

But reading your comment it sound like you were waiting for more than this(?). 

Didn´t have a look how long it took, but have got wired clients in the list with 36kb usage.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think only internet traffic makes it appear on the list, as I have seen the same with devices like Dell iDRACs where they hardly chat at all unless you connect to them.

juay0004
Conversationalist

Hi MarcP and CMR,

Thanks for sharing your experience.
These will mean that our experience are relatively consistent then.

I have stream encoders which is suppose does nothing after any necessary handshake during boot up until I start stream video. Those do not appear for the longest time until i start pushing my video stream and in my observations so half, can be like half hr or so.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels