Getting noticed

Cannot Connect to Resources (Win 10 - Firewall On) When Using VPN Client

Dear Friends,

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Local Network Subnet: 10.1.62.0/24

Resource (Win 10): 10.1.62.216

VPN Client Subnet: 192.168.10.0/24

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have already connected to VPN Client on Meraki from the internet. When I was trying to ping the Resource, it cannot be done. But, when I disabled the firewall on the Resource, It can be accessed. 

Actually, what specific services/ports should be allowed on the Resource? So, I don't need to disable the firewall?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AjitKumar Thank you for your explanation. But, that's true. I only make sure there's no another configuration for this in Meraki.

It's solved by allowing VPN Client subnet to connect to the computer (Win 10). I opened windows services which I needed (e.g. ICMP & SMB protocol).

Thank you for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You first need to create a list of what you services you want to access. We can't guess that.

Then modify the firewall to allow that.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could also just allow the VPN client subnet.
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi,

Your message suggests Client VPN Configuration is fine as you are able to PING once you disable the Windows Firewall on the PC/ Resource.

(You query is more inclined towards Windows not Meraki anyhow...)

As @PhilipDAth suggests you need to list down the services / ports to be allowed on the client and shall be allowed on Windows Firewall. 

For ICMP (Ping) the following Url may help you to configure Windows 10.

https://tunecomp.net/allow-incoming-ping-echo-request-without-disabling-windows-10-firewall/

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

@AjitKumar Thank you for your explanation. But, that's true. I only make sure there's no another configuration for this in Meraki.

It's solved by allowing VPN Client subnet to connect to the computer (Win 10). I opened windows services which I needed (e.g. ICMP & SMB protocol).

Thank you for your help 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels