Can i use IPsec VPN and Anyconnect at the same time.

Dipen
Getting noticed

Can i use IPsec VPN and Anyconnect at the same time.

We are planning to migrate from older firewall to Meraki everything is setup and tested, the only concern is can we use IPSec Settings and AnyConnect VPN at the same time. The reason being is few of our users are using Wi-Fi hotspot and they can't login via IPSec settings(Windows 10). They can connect our network with Anyconnect only not sure why IPSec doesn't work. Before migrating just wanna make sure is it safe to use both at a same time. 

Thanks Meraki Community!

5 REPLIES 5
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

With AnyConnect support available, I would completely go away from the IPsec client VPN and only use AnyConnect. Is there a specific reason that you want to keep IPsec client VPNs?

Dipen
Getting noticed

Just because AnyConnect is in Beta stage and with the AnyConnect we are not sure about how to create certificated for it. At some point we do want our employees to restrict them using Wi-Fi at their home and IPSec does that.

Carl3Q
New here

Did you ever try this on your own and, if so, was it successful?  I would also like to have both running as we transition users from the ipsec vpn to the anyconnect one. 

Dipen
Getting noticed

Yes we tried and yes you can run both of them parallel but should be on different subnet or that's what we actually ended up doing.

Carl3Q
New here

Thanks, will do!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels