Can anyone assist with the steps required to set up an IKEv2 VPN between MX and iOS devices?

macsolutions
Getting noticed

Can anyone assist with the steps required to set up an IKEv2 VPN between MX and iOS devices?

I'm running the beta firmware, and supposedly this feature has been enabled for me.

I can't find any documentation what to enter in the various fields in the MR Client VPN or Site-to-site VPN settings, nor do I understand what to enter in the MDM profile I'm setting up.

3 REPLIES 3
macsolutions
Getting noticed

(I don't see any differences before / after requesting support to enable those features. Should I see something different?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The IKEv2 support is enabled globally.  My impression this was for site to site VPNs.  I'm not sure it does anything for client VPN.

>Should I see something different?

No.

ps. I also assume you mean MX rather than MR.

Raj66
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @macsolutions  you would see something like the image below at non-Meraki VPN configuration section. That being said. I don't think it is completely ready for client VPN. But if you are looking for non-Meraki VPN, you should be able to negotiate your VPN via IKEv2

ikev2.PNG

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels