BGP networks from DC not appearing in spoke's route table

benny
Getting noticed

BGP networks from DC not appearing in spoke's route table

Hi All,

I am trialling BGP in our test DC and can successfully advertise the networks learnt from the hub to the DC BGP router. 

The networks advertised from the DC BGP router are not accessible from the spoke. If I manually add the local networks at the hub then connectivity works. Any tricks or tips to pass BGP networks to the hub and through to the spoke?

Hub is running in one-armed concentrator mode MX100

Spoke is a MX64

DC BGP router is a Cisco ISR 

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Happiman
Building a reputation

@benny 

Are you using  Hub BGP and DC BGP router with iBGP or eBGP?

benny
Getting noticed

Hi Happiman, 

Yes, most certain I am using eBGP from the MX100 concentrator to our DC BGP router. iBGP only runs internally on the Meraki devices right?

Happiman
Building a reputation

Since you are trying to advertise the routes which were learned from an eBGP peer to your iBGP peer, the next hop is still pointing the soure IP of eBGP Peer.

image.png

Branch router sees the Lo0 route coming from 10.0.0.2 which it does not have the reachability to.

To resolve the problem,  ISP1 sets a "next-hop-self" toward Branch router so that it know where to go.

http://www.getnetworking.net/bgp/bgp-next-hop-self

I'm not sure if Meraki tech can do that for you...They could help another user to set the "multi-hop"option which is not available to us.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels