Can I use Meraki VPN as a route to internet during this war?

Solved
DanielOdievich1
Here to help

Can I use Meraki VPN as a route to internet during this war?

Hi there,

So the world is really messed up and I have relatives in Russia who are losing access to real information not even daily, but hourly. Most of the VPN services are already blocked. I, however, am in US of A and I was wondering, can my Meraki subscription with VPN help in any way? Can someone - provided they have access enough - get into my VPN and use that as a tunnel out to resources outside of my network? 

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

RDP access to device on your network could be a very insecure but primitive method. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sure.  If they are are allowed to use that vpn ports. And have a user account  in your network

okay, can you expand a bit on how one can configure this? 

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I know one way to find out 🙂 Seriously though, try and see if they can connect to your VPN, then you will know. Maybe be conscience of trouble you may expose yourself or friend to though as well.

I just read news though that there is no shortage of public VPN service available to Russians and subscriptions have increased exponentially so not really sure you are offering anything special for them. 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

RDP access to device on your network could be a very insecure but primitive method. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels