Block VPN's from being used on a network SSID

SOLVED
Steve-ELC
Just browsing

Block VPN's from being used on a network SSID

Hello,

Noob hear so please be gentle 🙂

I have 4 SSID's and one is used by children (up to age of 17). This one needs to be as secure as possible and has been till now. I have confirmed that some people are running VPN's on their laptops and bypassing our policies.

Is it possible to prevent VPN's being used on SSID XXXXXX to get around security? I have tested on a laptop I purchased and used a free VPN and it is not restricted at all. Turn off the VPN and it's restricted.

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Steve-ELC, do you have a Meraki MX on your network and with it the Advanced security license?  You could enable content filtering (Proxy avoidance and Anonymizers) and definitely enable Safe Search.

I would also look at Cisco Umbrella SIG

And if you’re dealing with children also look at Securly. I deal with a ton of schools and they rave about this one.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Steve-ELC, do you have a Meraki MX on your network and with it the Advanced security license?  You could enable content filtering (Proxy avoidance and Anonymizers) and definitely enable Safe Search.

I would also look at Cisco Umbrella SIG

And if you’re dealing with children also look at Securly. I deal with a ton of schools and they rave about this one.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Thanks again Darren. I have noted all this now.

Cheers

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels