Blank Splash page MX67W & MX68W after upgrade

CWMARS
Getting noticed

Blank Splash page MX67W & MX68W after upgrade

Our sites with wireless settings enabled on MX67W & MX68W are having an issue with the on board wireless splash page coming up as a blank page since the upgrade to 17.6. We see the devices are issued an IP address but they are unable to get any further then the blank splash page. The splash page in the preview under the settings looks fine.  The only solution was to roll back to 15.44 (16.16 had the issue as well).  Anyone else experiencing this splash page issue, it's only with our sites using the MX onboard wireless, sites with MRs are not experiencing this behavior.

Thanks,

Anne

Anne Savoie
3 REPLIES 3
Joe360
Here to help

Were you able to resolve this?

I'm working on a deployment that uses the splash page for guests on 17.10.2 and even on a fresh network where only the access control has been switched on the clients are directed to a splash page but it's completely blank. Even inspecting the HTML source code it's also blank. Experienced this on Windows and Android Chrome, Edge and the built in browser on Android.

I've also tried the latest Beta Firmware 18.104 but no change. It looks like it is something server side so I'm surprised reverting back to MX15 firmware worked for you.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

it works on the lan ports. i does not seem to work on wifi.

its also reported here by  @MIFA  : https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/MX-firmware-17-10-2-has-moved-from-stable-release-ca...

CWMARS
Getting noticed

Hi Joe360,

We have a case open but it does not seem to be a priority.  Here's the last update from Meraki support - "Unfortunately, I do not have any additional updates from our engineering team currently."  Case has been open since April 2022.  Our workaround is staying on MX version 15.44, it's the only version that works with the Splash page.

Thanks,
Anne
Anne Savoie
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels